Partner, Admitted to the Paris bar since 2003
“Eric Deprez possesses strong technical expertise.” (Legal 500 Paris – 2018)
Eric represents the interests of legal entities and their executives and delegatees in civil and criminal courts. He focuses on criminal financial law, criminal fiscal law, criminal labour law and all forms of economic crime.
Eric regularly visits his clients, major industrial groups, banks and entrepreneurs with little legal assistance, to train their executive teams on the many criminal risks to which they are exposed when conducting their business, helping them draft and implement delegations of authority or by raising awareness on how to fight money laundering in connection with criminal offences and bribery.
Eric also acts as a consultant for Elegia, a professional training organisation. He is actively involved in training programmes on criminal risk, compliance, and trains directors and executives on the development of anti-bribery compliance programmes, and more generally to improve their understanding of the specific aspects of criminal procedure applicable to “white-collar” economic crime. Eric is also involved in academia, teaching as an assistant professor for the litigation Master 2 (contentieux) of the Paris XIII-Villetaneuse university since 2009.
- Defending executives formally charged with aiding and abetting a swindling offence by an organised group, money laundering in connection with tax fraud and forgery on the Forex market (link to press article);
- Defending the interests of the directors of a family SCI against the notary of the SCI for breach of trust, forgery and extorting signatures (link to press article);
- Defending the delegatee for an elevator maintenance company following the accidental fall of an elevator that led to a formal investigation for unintentional injuries and endangering the life of others;
- Acting for several defendants in cases involving deadly work accidents and unintentional injuries;
- Defending the interests of several executives, business owners, for tax fraud, misappropriation of corporate assets, [money laundering in connection with tax fraud and with undeclared work];
- In the context of international judicial assistance, Eric Deprez advised a Franco-Canadian executive who became aware, when conducting his new business, of information regarding a foreign public procurement process. An investigation on the terms of the procurement and the attribution of this public contract and on the potential violation of a legally protected secret was carried out by an ad hoc governmental committee;
- Defence of an administrative and financial director accused of embezzling around a million euros from his employer. He is prosecuted for breach of trust and possession of stolen property.
- 2018 – Business criminal law: “Eric Deprez possesses strong technical expertise” (Legal 500 Paris)
- 2018 – “strong reputation” Litigation with regulators and for listed operations (Décideurs)
- 2018 – “strong reputation” Business criminal law (Décideurs)
Publications and academia
- Droit pénal des affaires et compliance : entreprises, ne sous-estimez pas votre responsabilité pénale
- Technicité et stratégie au service de la gestion des contentieux pénaux complexes
- On the Ricci trial: La responsabilité du Conseil fiscal confirmée (Agefi n° 703)
- On Tax fraud: interview: Les principes de la procédure pénale ne sont pas toujours maîtrisés par les fiscaliste (Agefi n° 674)
- La grande arnaque des forains du Forex (JDD, March 2016)
- Training on companies and executives criminal risk exposure (Elegia)
- Compliance: Introduction to French anti-bribery legislation (Elegia)
- Maîtrise, Université Paris XI – Sceaux (2000)
- Institut Supérieur d’Interprétation et de Traduction (ISIT) – English and German (2000)
- LL.M in taxation and company law, Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago Kent College of Law (2001)